We posted recently on our Swantown Inn & Spa Facebook page that we would love some help with some of our garden maintenance. We were overwhelmed by the support from guests and friends. The offer was to help us pull blackberry and ivy and in return stay the night at the Inn. We would even provide a meal during the day. We decided we should flesh the idea out a little more and formalize it somewhat. We want this to be a win/win situation for everyone involved.
So here are the facts;
- We need help with our gardens.
- We cannot afford to pay someone to help.
- We have limited time to “knock out” the projects that need doing.
- We do have empty rooms during the week that we could offer as trade.
What we really need done;
- Project One: Blackberry Slash and Bash. Spring has sprung, Blackberries are bolting. We have hacked most down, but we still need to dig out root balls and dispose of the pile.
- Project Two: Ivy Removal. The amount of ivy on the property is a problem. Predominately in two areas we want to rip it all out and remove it completely. We would focus on one area at a time.
- For your hard work and effort we would trade a room night at the Inn.
- We envisage the help happening between 10am and 3pm, with a break for lunch, which we would provide.
- The room night ideally would be redeemed on the same night as the day you volunteer.
- The room night would be for a Sunday through Thursday. Weekends we need to make money to pay our bills.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, please contact us!