We may be Innkeepers, but we are also parents of young kids. Due to the layout of the older part of the Inn our policies do not allow for kids under 12 (too many parents getting away from their kids for rest and respite), but we have added on our new Puget Suite, which does allow children, so you can enjoy a great place to stay with your family, while visiting the Hands On Children’s Museum.
From first hand experience, it has to be the absolute best children’s museum in the country. The new location has only been open for a few years now, and features special events and new activities all the time. Its core displays and activities are enough for a days entertainment. Add in the special events and seasonal activities and it gets even better!
What is included in the package?
The package is designed to make the most out of your trip to Olympia. The Puget Suite has two bedrooms and bathrooms (one with a tub for the kids), a private lounge and kitchenette. We even have a pack and play and bob stroller, if you need them for the smallest of your family. Our own kids even picked out their favorite kids movies and books, which can be found in the lounge area.
By coming with another couple you have the opportunity to take turns with the kids. Maybe even take a room for one set of parents at a time to enjoy a kid free night!
So to be clear here is what is included;
- Two night stay in the Puget Suite.
- Gourmet three course breakfast each morning (if the kids are not in to fancy food then we will make pancakes for them!) .
- Recommendations for local kid friendly restaurants.
- Adult and kid friendly snacks for watching the movies.
- Package price of $699 (Also see our availability for Vacation Rental rates that do not include breakfast).
Optional extras include;
- A room for adults up in the historic part of the Inn.
This package is now available year round! Weekdays or weekends, subject to availability.
Other things to do in Olympia and the surrounds
Living in Olympia with three little kids of our own we know so many things to do!
- Hands On Children’s Museum (HOCM is probably the number one children’s museum in the whole country).
- The WET Science Center (across the road for HOCM and free).
- Wolf Haven (a twenty minute drive away, tours by appointment only).
- South Sound Estuarium (about two blocks from HOCM).
- Lattins Cider Mill (you could do this on the way to or from Wolf Haven).
- Mima Mounds (about a twenty minute drive away).
- Olympia Farmers Market (check for hours dependent on time of year).
- The Olympic National Park (we love the Staircase entrance for staircase rapids trail).
- Nisqually Wildlife Refugee (about ten minutes north on Interstate 5).
Just to see all of those will take over a week! So if you need extra nights they will be an extra $249 for each night.
We look forward to making your stay a memorable one!