20 Things to do in Olympia.
Olympia is a great little town! Big enough to have everything you would want or need, yet small enough to have friendly welcoming people. Often overlooked as a tourist destination, we are ideally located an hour south of Seattle and just on two hours north of Portland. The perfect getaway without driving for hours, or spending forever going through airport security.
By no means is this a complete list, that list would stretch on for a very long time! However this is a great teaser.
- Wander the Farmers Market (Thursday to Sunday 10am to 3pm).
- Take a walk around Capital Lake.
- Tour the Bigelow House Museum.
- Have a meal at a waterfront restaurant.
- Listen to the live music at the Farmers Market (Thursday to Sunday 11am to 2pm).
- Take a guided tour of the State Capital Building (Daily 10am to 3pm on the hour).
- Go for a hike at the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge.
- Experience the Capital Museum at the Lord Mansion.
- Relax with a yoga class (Yoga Loft, Bhanda Room, Oly Yoga).
- Eat lunch at the Farmers Market.
- Visit the Mima Mounds and Interpretive Center.
- Eat a burger from Big Tom's at Lion's Park!
- See the rose garden at Priest Point Park.
- Rent a kayak at Boston Harbor and paddle the sound.
- See Tumwater Falls, then dine at Falls Terrace.
- Run through the fountain at Heritage Park.
- Walk the beach at Tolmie State Park, Burfoot Park or Priest Point Park.
- Take a self guided walking tour of one of the historical neighborhoods (Bigelow, South Capital, Eastside).
- See live theater downtown! (Harlequin Productions, Capitol Playhouse, Washington Center).
- Relax at the Attic Day Spa, treat yourself to a massage!